An Effective Advocate Who Protects Our Way of Life
Named 2017 Legislator of the Year by Maine's chapter of the American Academy of Pediatricians
• Rebecca was honored for her work on childhood health and safety.
Named Maine’s 2016 top champion for children and education
• Rebecca was recognized for her unmatched record for fighting on behalf of Maine’s public schools, students and teachers (Maine Education Association 2016 Friend of Education Award).
Helping to grow Maine’s economy and create good-paying jobs
• Supported tax credits for investing in Maine’s small businesses, which so far has helped 130 Maine businesses grow and create new jobs.
• Co-sponsored a Research & Development bond to foster technology investment that helps Mainers prepare for tomorrow’s jobs.
Real progress for Maine’s environment and renewable energy
• Pressured Gov. LePage to release Land Conservation bonds.
• Co-sponsored the Maine Solar Energy Act to promote local solar energy development, generation, manufacturing and jobs.
Our State Senator Rebecca Millett created new laws that:
• Provide critical supports and opportunities for school children and their families by partnering schools and community organizations.
• Allow voters to decide how to use additional state education funds.
Rebecca also secured an additional $250 million in state funding for K-12 schools.
And she helped make college more affordable for Maine families:
• Increased the Maine State Grant program by $500 more for each student.
• Kept tuition costs flat for five years by protecting higher education funding.